Tuesday, February 22, 2011

EARTH : FIRE : VISIONS ceremonial clay creations



EARTH : FIRE : VISIONS ceremonial clay creations


3 clay artists; Lynn August, Stephen Biggerstaff and Blue Fire MacMahon

present a showing of their work, EARTH : FIRE : VISIONS, ceremonial clay creations.


Clay has memories, ancient memories...humans have been creating art from clay since the beginning...memories emerge when humans touch the wet earth...it speaks its memories, it speaks of its sacredness and we humans listen. We have been listening with our hearts and hands since the beginning. Sacred ceremonies and objects are born of this ancient relationship.


This show honors those memories and sacredness in ceremonial clay creations.


Stephen Biggerstaff.... “I am inspired to make work that references reliquaries, censors, and altars - rituals and reminders keep me grounded; and creating these objects in clay allows me to communicate my experience of witness and remembrance while on my earthly adventure.”


“ i create clay sculpture...standing at the doorway of creation (the Mystery) i bring my dreams into being from the clay, which is the body of sacred mother earth.“ .....Blue Fire MacMahon


Lynn August sits in silence with clay carving intricate designs on her wheel thrown pots. “my carvings speak for me....i hear Native American, African, and earth spirits”.


where: Clingman Cafe, 242 Clingman Ave, Asheville, in the River Arts District

when: the month of April, 2011


1 comment:

LOVE ART WORKS by KRISTIN LOVE said...

oh my!
blue fire!
i want to come to your show so badly!
why do i live 3000+ miles away?
i wish you multitudes of good blessings for a super successful show my friend!
xo